“A professional, versatile and affordable party band”.
“Perfect for any event”
We offer a range of ‘Measures’ line ups to suit all venues and budgets.
*DISCOUNTS TO BE HAD FOR THE 5 / 4 PIECE BAND OVER THE CHRISTMAS AND NY SEASON (NOVEMBER – MARCH) PLUS A LONGER SET – 2X1HR15. PLEASE GET IN TOUCH TO FIND OUT MORE*
The Measures have the experience of playing in pubs and bars as well as large functions and weddings providing suitable sets for all occasions. If you want a professional functions outfit with an intimate and friendly feel then The Measures are for you.
Scroll all the way down for band information but if you have any questions feel free to get in touch.
Paul Carlisle Vocals/Guitar
Adam Buckell Guitar/Backing Vocals
Tom Stewart Keyboard
Dave Hackett Drums
Dave Evans Bass /Backing vocals
* The Measures Band 5 piece – Vocals, Guitar, Keys/Sax, Bass and Drums.
* The Measures Band 4 piece – Vocals, Guitar, Bass and Drums.
* The Measures are booked from 18:00 – 00:00. If an earlier start or later finish is required, then costs may incur subject to discussion.
* We ask for at least 1hr15 to set up which includes a live soundcheck.
* 2 x 1hr sets – This can be split up into timings that suit – 3 x 40 min sets.
* DJ Package – Band supply music to be played during breaks via Spotify on our computer system.
*DJ customised playlist – We are happy to download your playlist. 25 songs equate to roughly 1hr 20mins Please refer to the price plan
* 1st Dance: Please refer to the price plan
* Additional requested songs – £75 to learn 1 new additional song (Cap of 3 songs)
*SOUND LIMITERS – THE ELECTRIC BAND ARE UNAVAILABLE TO PLAY AT VENUES WITH SOUND LIMITERS SET UNDER 95DB
* Lights inc – 4 L.E.D’s on a pole
* 1 FULL P.A set up.
* SET – Feel free to take a look at our Electric set.
* All our equipment is fully P.A.T tested and we have PL insurance for up to 5 million.
* Looking after the band. We ask for a hot meal to be supplied for each band member as well as refreshments.
* To book: We ask for a 20% holding deposit and a signed contract within 5 days. If you are happy to go ahead then let us know and we will write a contract up for you:)
We booked The Measures for our son’s Wedding on 27th April 2014 after seeing a couple of terrific gigs by them at local hostelries. They were fantastic. They all play/sing extremely well and their choice of songs really got the wedding guests onto the dance floor. It would not have been as good an event without them and I would have no hesitation in booking them again for any occasion (happy ones that is!) . So many thanks guys you made the day even more memorable.
“They absolutely made the day. Every guest was on the dance floor, which was never empty. In the weeks after the wedding all the comments from guests have been about how great the band was. The boys were totally professional in their set-up and get-out. I myself as the bride had an outstanding time dancing the night away! I would 100% recommend The Measures as a band for any occasion, worth every reasonable penny!”
“You should be immensely proud of how good and professional your group are, every instrument was bang on and the range of your lead singer was fabulous, 100 people had what can only be described as one of the best nights of their lives, I will have no hesitation in booking “the measures” in the future, but something makes me think that you will be unobtainable. Thank you once again for a superb evening filled with great music.”
“Absolutely awesome! Without doubt you guys completely made the night and we can’t thank you enough”
“I couldn’t have asked for more from The Measures. I contacted them about 2 months before the wedding, and asked if they could learn a song for me to sing, and our first dance song. They sent me an MP3 recording so I could practise and were so helpful.
On the night they were even better. Amazing performance, had everyone dancing, and really made the whole night special.
Thanks again, for everything, amazing!”
“Having never booked anything before on a web site to choose a band for our 50th wedding Anniversary was daunting. What was I worried about, This isn’t just an average band”.
They arrived in plenty of time and fitted into our program.
All in all they were brilliant, everyone talked about one thing, where did we get such a great band?”
We had the acoustic duo and the electric measures play at our wedding on Easter Sunday 2013 and they were fantastic! Our wedding planner gave birth a month early but despite the chaos The Measures were a shining light of professionalism and down right rock ‘n’ roll! They played a beautiful acoustic version of ‘Here comes the bride’ and had all of our guests dancing right until the very end. We couldn’t have asked for more! It was reputedly the coldest day in March for 40 years, and despite the venues failed attempts at keeping our barn warm The Measures turned our big day into a pumping party! They indulged my dad by jammin with him and his harmonica and they brought the house down. 5 months later I am still receiving compliments for my wedding band and the sister of one of my guests has booked them for her wedding too! Thank you so much for making our day!